Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sept 19th: Removing all post elements as issue is now being appealed to Commonwealth Court
    Last edited by FreedomIsGone; 09-19-2010, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Sept 19th: Removing all post elements as issue is now being appealed to Commonwealth Court

Comment

FMLA, if the condition warranted, would at least have given you 12 weeks of (although unpaid) leave at which time you could have been looking for another job. I don't mean to smack you while you're already down, but telling the hearing officer it was "useless" to file was not a good move.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Comment

Update: Appealing to Commonwealth Court

Comment

I would not personally take the advice of anyone on the phone. You should go to the office and get hardcopies of any and all policies and procedures.

Beyond that, I always say appeal, and appeal the appeal. Good luck.
              Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Also, as I skimmed over your posts I don't see where you have addressed anyone here (possibly I missed it) regarding actively seeking alternate employment. Are you still in search of new work?
                Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Last edited by FreedomIsGone; 09-19-2010, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by FreedomIsGone View Post
                      I don't use LLT forums for employment, and I actively (daily) apply to positions on DICE, Craigslist, Career Builder and Monster. I have only been called for 1 interview and before I could even interview I was called and told the position was filled.
                      Thanks for the update...by no means did I mean to insinuate (sp?) that you should use LLT for employment, that is by no means the purpose of this board.

Just a friendly piece of advice from someone who does hiring to someone seeking employment. I post positions on many of the sites you mentioned and have to say I get hundreds of email resumes. Typically I get so many that I will only post the job listing for 8 to 12 hours. Then I remove the post and go through the resumes. If the resume doesn't stand out, and I mean really grab me, I move on quickly. I am quick and harsh on applicants resumes, I spend only a few seconds on each until I find the one that grabs me.

That is just my .02 cents as a friendly gesture. I hope it helps.

Comment

Comment

Final Update:

The UCBR decision was affirmed by the Commonwealth Court.

To sum it up, my argument was valid but the paper trail was not long enough. I did not create dozens of emails or create a paper-log of my discussions with my supervisor, so it was denied under those pretenses. A word to those who view this - get a lawyer for your UC hearing if you want a shot at winning.

Comment

Thanks for the up-date - sorry to hear that.
                            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
                            X