This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voluntary quit for health reasons - uc denied - the appeal? Pennsylvania

Sept 19th: Removing all post elements as issue is now being appealed to Commonwealth Court
    Last edited by FreedomIsGone; 09-19-2010, 01:33 PM.

During the appeal, all you can do is tell the truth - that the job took such a toll on your health that you had to quit.

During the past two months since you quit, have you been looking for other employment? You generally don't get UI unless you are ready, willing & able to work/looking for work.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Sept 19th: Removing all post elements as issue is now being appealed to Commonwealth Court
      Last edited by FreedomIsGone; 09-19-2010, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Does this link help you any? We have at least one Pa. responder on the forum. Maybe they will come along & have some add'l. info for you.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us:80/por...=552020&mode=2

(Steps to the Appeal Process)
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Comment

One small tip: Don't call strangers "hun." You say she was unfriendly? Calling a stranger by a dismissive, overly-familiar pet name is a sure way to tick her off -- particularly when you're trying to maintain an aura of professionalism.

Comment

Comment

Its been years since I did an UI in PA but as I recall, each person must testify. You cant bring a notarized statement from someone about their testimony.

Actually, notarizing a statement doesnt say anything to the facts of the matter. As a notary, I am showing that I have identified the person and that is the same person who signed the document.
                The document could say that the sky is green and pigs fly but all I'm doing is notarizing that the person who is identifed as John Smith is the same person who signed that document.
                I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
                Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Pigs don't fly? Dayum.
                  I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Pigs can fly...

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
                    Pigs don't fly? Dayum.
                    If you put enough of a charge under 'em, some of our feral hogs can soar a fur piece.

Patty, you've been away too long, and I fear the exposure to the cold has had adverse effects on you.

Happy April Fool's Day, all!!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas709 View Post
                      Happy April Fool's Day, all!!
                      Right back to you!

Comment

Comment

Not in my state, they're not. In my state having a statement notarized means no more or less than Morgana indicated; it relates to the identity of the signatories and has no affect whatsoever as to the legality, truth or enforceability of the document signed. That is the case in most states. IF (and that's a big if) PA is different, they are the exception rather than the rule and I would not rely on your statement being true until I saw something official from the state backing it up.
                          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Comment

I'm not surprised they wouldnt psotpone due to the jury duty. We tried to postpone a UI hearing because the terminating supervisor's husband was having surgery that day. They said she wasnt needed for the surgery so they wouldnt postpone. We did a telephonic hearing from the lobby of the hospital.
                              I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
                              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X