This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployment Appeal Pennsylvania

Hello, I was wondering if I could get some advice or opinions here.
    I was working in a warehouse for 3 weeks, in the job description given to me before accepting the position I was told we would be on our feet basically all day, 8 hours and could walk up to 5 miles a day.
    I thought it would be fun to wear a pedometer to track my miles and I was actually walking 11-15 miles a day. I ended up messing up my knees and the dr said I could no longer work the job unless they had something that did not involve walking or standing.
    I went in to talk to my supervisor and explained the situation he told me to sign a voluntary resignation slip because they had no light duty work available. I applied for unemployment but was denied because my employer said I voluntarily resigned and "never" let them know about my situation. I am so angry that they are telling lies and making it seem like I just left for no reason.

My question is should I appeal or did I shoot myself in the foot for signing the slip?

You usually don't get UI benefits when you resign & you did sign the resignation slip.

You can appeal the decision - just tell the truth & explain the situation.

Good luck.

PS Always appeal - you will not get benefits for sure if you don't.
    Last edited by Betty3; 03-06-2010, 09:26 AM. Reason: add PS
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I tried to stay I asked if they had light duty but he said if I could not do the walking or standing required I would have to resign, so I signed the slip.

Comment

I understand - explain that during your appeal. Once again, good luck.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Thanks Betty3.

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Just my two cents worth...always, always, always appeal! That also goes for the appeal decision, if you don't win it, appeal again!

Good luck.
              Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Thanks for the 2 cents Cat I will "definitely" follow your advice

Comment

You're quite welcome, good luck.
                  Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Working...
                  X