This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writting up employees while off clock Pennsylvania Pennsylvania

I was written up for a bad attitude while I walked in to drop something off to work. However, I was off of the clock. Can I be written up for something said while off of the clock? If not, where in the labor laws is that stated? Thank you.

You were at work. So, yes.

If this was against the law every employee that wanted to chew out another employee would simply walk over to the time clock, punch out, say what they want to say, then clock in again.
    Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Ok. Thank you very much!

Comment

You're welcome. Others may post to this thread as well, so you might get some other opinions.
        Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

That is fine. What you said is what I thought. That's what I get for being employed at my own will.

Comment

I agree/concur with CatBert.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
              I agree/concur with CatBert.
              That doesn't always happen for the record.

Comment

It may never happen again since you told me you were a Cubs fan. My one brother & I were at the stadium in St. Louis when the Cardinals won the 2006 W.S.
                Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
                X