This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hostile work environment? Oregon Pennsylvania

my job decided to change pay dates and not give us any notice, i ended up filing a dol with state complaint about it. the case eventually closed and now the employer is finding any reason to have me written up, for instance, i forgot to get car information on two vehicles at the hotel i'm working for and i just got written up for that, also their bartender is making my job hell because she started asking my brother when he picked me up for personal information she wanted to sell a house to him which he wasn't interested in and he told her to mind her own business and now she's treating me like hell. what can i do, is this hostile environment? i am in pennsylvania not oregon.
    Last edited by jamieziegler; 02-11-2010, 02:07 PM. Reason: i'm in pennsylvania not oregon

I work part time for a hotel, too. No, it is not a hostile work environment to write you up for forgetting to write down car information. That's a legitimate reason to write you up. Nor is it a hostile work environment if the bartender is treating you badly because your brother was rude to her.

A hostile work environment exists when you are be subjected to either sexual harassment, or adverse treatment due to your membership in a group protected by law (race, religion, national origin etc.).
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

besides the bartender being rude to me, its the rest of the work that they are making hard on me, i filed a complaint with the state and i've noticed since then they've been looking to get rid of me, thats why i am asking if its a hostile work environment. and how is it rude telling someone to mind their own business if they don't know the person and he already stated he wasn't interested in buying her house nicely.

Comment

I've explained to you what an HWE is.

If you think you can support a claim that the SOLE reason you are being written up is that you filed a complaint with the state, then contact the state and report it. But it is not a hostile work environment under the law.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostile_work_environment
          "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
          Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Working...
          X