X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTO Docked b/c of Timecard? Pennsylvania

Hey All -

I work for a defense contractor. The company has a policy that if you don't complete & sign your timecard by a certain time, they'll dock your PTO. This policy typically is to have it signed by 11:00 AM on Monday, but sometimes changes - they'll send out an e-mail saying have it signed by Thursday (and put in your hours worked for the next Friday as well - very bizarre).

Is it OK for the company to dock my PTO? When this has happened to me, I have typically not been able to get to a computer to deal with the "paperwork" because of some business related issue. (Out of the office, etc). I'm considered an exempt employee. Thanks!
    Last edited by jdt141; 02-07-2010, 04:41 PM. Reason: typo

I can give you half of an answer. What you describe is generally legal under federal law (FLSA). The half of the answer that I cannot give you is PA specific law - if any. Not my state.

There is one possible complication for federal law. If you are subject to SCA, that could change the answer. I however am also not a SCA expert.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

I have had many, many employees in PA, and there is nothing in PA law that would make this illegal.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
      X