This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• with holding paycheck for employees still working Pennsylvania

my question is can an employer in pa choose to give paychecks that are due on 1/15 out on 1/22. this is for pay period ending 1/4-1/10 being paid on 1/15 but employer just told us they aren't giving us paychecks until 1/22, i'm afraid they may also stiff us for the one week in hours. we should have a total in 40 hours for the week of 1/4-1/10. is this illegal? i put a complaint in with the labor and industry but i know it takes a long time and i need to get an answer. please help

The employer has to adhere to its state pay schedule. Having said that, by the time the 22nd comes and goes and you get paid, your complaint will STILL be near the bottom of the DOLI's list.

Sounds like the company is having financial problems?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

is it illegal though

what i'm asking is what they're doing is it illegal? i know i'll still have at the bottom of the list but i need to know is it illegal>

Comment

Yes, that's what I meant by "the employer has to". I'd post the cite, but unfortunately the wage and hour portion of the DLI website is down at the moment.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Yes. It is illegal.

I hope we are now clear on that point.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Unless otherwise provided in a contract, every Pa. employee being paid by means other than an annual salary is to be paid at least semimonthly. The first payment is to be between the first and the 15th of the month, and the second payment is to be between the 15th and last day of the month.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
            X