This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empolyer wants to "cut a deal" for no-show Pennsylvania

Long story short...Sexually harrassed, Quit, filed for UC...Denied, said I had other options..Appealing..Contacted today by former employers attorney wanting me to sign a "no sue" agreement in return for them not showing up at the appeals hearing...Any suggestions, thoughts, opinions?? Any appreciated, Thanks

So DID you report this harrassment to anyone within the company? Your boss, HR, the owner, the EEOC, the state Human Rights Commission?

Just because the employer doesn't protest your unemployment or appear at the interview/hearing doesn't automatically mean your UI appeal will be successful, although it certainly helps your chances.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

It was actually my immediate supervisor that was the harrasser. I reported it to her supervisor as well as did another person within our dept. It was also reported to a different "shift supervisor" who actually is the brother in law of the CEO of the company...His responnse was "you aren't actually gonna persue the sex harrasment thing, are you?" The thing is that she has been doing this for years and actually become "accepted" as just "how she is"...I have witnesses as to what happened and what was said..just not sure where to go from here...I think they're scared i"m gonna sue them in civil court or something..Thanks for the replies

Comment

And did the harrassment stop or not? Have you filed a complaint with either the federal or state agency?

IF you quit because the harrassment did not stop, you have a decent chance of getting benefits. Whether or not signing a release would be to your advantage or not, only a local attorney who has reviewed the document could properly advise you.
        Last edited by Pattymd; 11-18-2009, 08:32 AM.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The actual "physical" harrassment stopped but the verbal accounts of "what she would do with" some of the other employees continued...She actually had "encounters" with some of her younger subordinates within the dept..All was told to supervision and basically ignored..She is 42 and having "encounters" with the younger males which are in thier 20's...Supervision just refered to her as a "cougar" and laughed it off...All supervisors are male and her behavior was overlooked, I think, because she would make her comments and "rub" against them and I generally think they liked the attention...I worked there for a year and half and it didn't take long to realize it was "a good ol boys club" where they covered for each other. On another note, I have an appointment with legal aid to see what they think..Thanks, and any other suggestions are welcome

Comment

Working...
          X