This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quitting my job with an employment agreement Pennsylvania Pennsylvania

I am currently employed in a management job in a PA company.

I signed an "employment agreement" with the company 2 years ago. The agreement reads:
    "this agreement shell be for an initial term of 3 years, and shall continue thereafter if no notice of termination is given by either party. Following the initial term of 3 years, the agreement can be terminated by either party with notice of 90 days."
    Applicable law is PA law.

I now have found a better job and want to quit. Is there any problem with me quitting after two years, as I have signed an employment agreement for 3 years? Can the employer "force" me to work for another year or sue me?
    Also, do I have to give notice?

Thanks for your insight.

• cbg
    replied
    When you showed this agreement to an attorney in your state, what did he tell you? We can't read the full agreement from here.

We outlawed slavery in this country quite some little time ago. No one can stop you from quitting. The only question is whether or not you can do so with no repercussions. Only an attorney in your state who has read ALL of the appropriate documentation can tell you if what you signed is enforceable and binding.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X