Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filed for UC only asked for last job info does this mean its a no go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filed for UC only asked for last job info does this mean its a no go?

I helped my friend file for UC today as she completed a 6-month internship for a state job.

It asked if her last job was a state or federal job and I checked yes and then went on to a local state and government questionnaire that asked more about the job as far as duties and if she made over a certain amount of money and then I clicked next and it was submitted and confirmed.

I thought she needed to show 4 or 5 quarters of work to qualify, how come they didn't ask for any additional employers? Does this mean she was shot down already and they don't need to go that far?

I also wasn't prompted to choose a pin and now we can't go and check the status of the claim because a pin was never assigned or created. Does this come in the mail or is this another indication that she was positively turned down and they won’t create one?

Thank you in advance for you responses.
    2kidsrenough4us is now partyof5

They have the wages for previous employers and who they were. They just needed the name and address of the last employer, because that is the employer who gets the notice that a claim has been filed. She doesn't need to prove financial eligibility; that will be figured for her.

If I remember correctly, a PIN is mailed. At that point, she can change it to whatever she wants. Even a clean claim these days can take 3-4 weeks.
    Last edited by Pattymd; 10-30-2009, 11:15 AM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Her last employment was in another state. Do you think they will have access to that?

I told her to just assume she's not getting it because she was only there 6 months and no employment in 2008 just a full time student. Last job before this one ended in December of 09 and that is too far back.

No harm in trying though

thanks

Comment

I had exactly the same situation. If I remember correctly, the online claim form did ask if the claimant had wages within the last 18 months in another state and who that employer was. They would have to request the wage information from the other state and that takes a little longer. If the form didn't do that (in my case, it was government in another state and I know that was a specific question), she will have to call and tell them. In my case, I got a initial financial determination letter with just the PA wages, then about a week or two later, I got a revised one with the other state wages included.

A claim now would look at July 2008 through June 2009. So I agree with you, she may not going to be financially eligible anyway.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

this claim asked if she was employed in the last two years out of state and of so choose the state from the drop down box. it never asked for the employer information just the state.

Comment

Originally posted by 2kidsrenough4us View Post
            this claim asked if she was employed in the last two years out of state and of so choose the state from the drop down box. it never asked for the employer information just the state.
            All they need, actually.

Comment

Just curious if you were granted unemployment with the interstate employment.

I know she will be thinking about this everyday wether she is approved or not. She was hoping to be extended but due to the budget it was not an option.

Comment

update:

PA UC Benefits verified direct deposit but putting a $.00 transaction on the account.

is this protocol for every applicant or are they processing the claim in her favor?

thanks

Comment

Just curious if you were granted unemployment with the interstate employment.
                  Yes, I was, but I had continuous employment for more than 2 years with the out-of-state employer.

Comment

PA UC Benefits verified direct deposit but putting a $.00 transaction on the account.

is this protocol for every applicant or are they processing the claim in her favor?

thanks

Probably standard.

Comment

update

Ok she was turned down due not having enough credit weeks during Jul 08 through June 09. Any advice on appealing? If she has a shot? The internship ran from beginning of April to Oct 30th. So it's not even including this current quarter, it said she could re-apply at the start of next quarter so this quarter is processed and counted but will she still short credit weeks? I wonder if she appealed would they even show and would the referee put it in her favor?

Thanks

Comment

If she didn't have the weeks, she didn't have them and there is nothing to appeal. The law is not reversible on this matter.

Comment

If the fourth quarter ends december 31st of this year then all four quarters of this year would be counted. She worked from April to the end of october, almost 7 months. the second, third and fourth quarter. Is that enough credits to qualify?

Comment

No, not unless PA allows an alternative base period. It's the first four of the last five completed quarters. So a claim opened in 4th qtr 2009 would count July 1, 2008 through June 20, 2009. Just like the state said.

Comment

If I read the eligibility requirements correct you need 16 credit weeks in the base period. If her base period is from July 08 to June 09 and she started in April she would have 13 credit weeks which would not qualify for benefits. Oh well we tried.

Thank you for your input.

Comment

Working...
                              X