This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unclear about In Charge, Pennsylvania

I work in security where there are a couple of sites covered by my department for one company on three different shifts. My question is: Is an employer allowed to treat you as an In Charge person (Supervisor responsibilities) because you are the person with the most senority on a secondary site. Facts: There is a shift supervisor most days at the Main site. . . When Supervisor at Main site is off, there is an In Charge person (the person with the most senority at Main site that shift) and they recieve Charge Pay for it. . . there use to be a Charge person position at the secondary site but this was eliminated to save money. . . the Dept. Director stated that the procedure to follow was - the Supervisor/Charge person at the main site was now overseeing all sites directly and any Supervisory questions should be relayed to them. Also in our Dept. everyone is considered equal below the Supervisor level.

The problem that occures is that the senoried person is recieving supervisory blame and possible reprimands if someone screws off or does something wrong. Even if the senoried person was not involved in the incident. Also the Main site Shift Supervisor is usually left out of the loop. How is this allowed when there is not a defined/paid In Charge person at the site when nothing is happening but when something does happen you get told "You are the one with the most senority, you need make sure these guys do their jobs."

This is not an area addressed by law. Accordingly, the employer can designate anyone as "in charge" whom they want to.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

So this would be addressed administratively and internally within the company?

Comment

That is correct.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X