X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• azatle
    started a topic Personal Information Pennsylvania

Personal Information Pennsylvania

I recently found out and saw actual proof that a list of birthdates and social security numbers belonging to employees in one certain department within the company were posted on a company public computer drive, and given to a corporate member of the same department. We are talking about over 400 peoples information. When HR was asked about it, they said that no one within that department was permitted to have this information, and did remove it from the drive. The person who compiled it and the person who it was compiled for seemed to not have to answer to any one about it. Any advice on this situation?

• Pattymd
    replied
    I'll check when I get home tonight, but my resource is from 2007 anyway.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Yes. Since the information has been removed and is no longer applicable, make a note of what happened and then go on with your life. Unless some employee who was on the list actually suffers some form of damages (identity theft, for example), as a direct result of this, there is no action to take. Dates of birth and even SSN's are not legally protected information (unless PA has recently implemented such protection - Patty?) and you cannot sue for what might happen in future.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X