X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State withholding paychecks for THOUSANDS Pennsylvania

again.thanks for everything.......
    Last edited by bluehorizons2; 04-20-2012, 08:56 PM. Reason: updated

This is not all that uncommon these days. If you are a union member, contact your union. I have heard that the SEIU credit union is offering no/low interest loans in this case for qualified members.

When an employee must be paid is a matter of state law, not federal law, and states are often exempt from certain provisions of wage and hour law. Very likely for this reason.

However, if you're going to try to sue the state, you will have a VERY long wait.
    Last edited by Pattymd; 07-10-2009, 08:17 AM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

My husband is a state worker that only received 2 days pay last Friday. Next pay he will receive nothing. It's so hard to believe this can happen. Does anyone have any updates on the budget getting passed anytime soon? Someone told my husband the budget wouldn’t be signed until the end of August at the earliest.

We can also get by for about 4 weeks and then we will be in trouble. The state issued IOU notes to give to your Mortgage Company and so on. I doubt Acme is going to accept and IOU for groceries or if Sunoco is going to accept one for gas.

The loans the credit unions are offering is for people with almost perfect credit. That's not us, at the moment.

I pray this ends soon.
      2kidsrenough4us is now partyof5

Comment

Nothing so far. Contact your state representative pronto and yell at him/her. Then you can ask what public assistance the state is prepared to provide immediately.

I did see an article in, I think it was Friday or Saturday's Pittsburgh newspaper that the federal DOL has this situation under investigation. Also, this, today.
        http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09208/986708-100.stm
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X