X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions about possibly filing for umemployment. Pennsylvania

Hello

I saw another post close to what I have questions on however my info is a bit different so I decided to make a new topic.

I am currently a paid intern at our local School District. I work 40 hours a week at $10.00 an hour. My internship was suppose to end in June however they have extended me until Sept 4th. I started at the School District on Jan 6th.

Now before this I worked for a at home based company that was based out of Colorado and I worked there for 1.5 years.

I left that job at the end of April/May because it was just hard working 2 jobs.

My main concern is that will I be eligble for unemployment even though i'm an intern? It's very very hard to find IT jobs in my area and time is running out so if I can not find anything I would like to know what my options are.

Thank you so much

-Eric

As long as you're getting paid, you should be eligible when your internship is up. The prior employer MAY protest getting charged, but I don't think they can protest your getting benefits.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I also posted a question regarding paid internships and I wanted to piggyback your question with another question. Would anyone still qualify for unemplyment if you knew it was temporary employment? My friend she told me she signed something stating that she was accepting temporary employment, would that disqualify you?

thanks
      2kidsrenough4us is now partyof5

Comment

Not to my knowledge, no. The state would rather you have some income than no income.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Just curious if you filed and were granted unemployment?
          2kidsrenough4us is now partyof5

Comment

The original poster only posted 1 post & that was 6-09. I'm not sure they will be back to read your question & answer it.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
            X