This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum wadge working in H-1 Pennsylvania

What is the minimum pay for a person who is working under H-1 visa in PA state? It will be a great help if any knows and give me an idea of it. Or where can I get such information?

Posting your question twice will not get you an answer any faster. When someone who knows the answer gets to your post, they will respond.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I only see one other post besides this one from this poster and it's for a different question.

Basu, minimum pay does not vary by whether you are or are not on a visa. Minimum wage (or minimum salary) is the same for everyone.

The problem is, the number of H1 visas that will be issued has been greatly reduced in the last few years. They won't issue one for a job that will be paid at minimum.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Sorry, it was posted on the "other board". I've gotta quit multi-tasking.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thankyou cbg. Actually someone is going to hire me and was asking the minimum salary for H-1 under the labor department. He himself was not aware of it and asking me to confirm. If he can meet the minimum salary, he will hire me under H-1. But I don't understand of no possibility of getting H-1 under minimum wadge.

Any advice?

Comment

I think we may be getting into semantics.

In employment law, "minimum wage" means the lowest possible figure than an employer can legally pay an employee. At the Federal level it is $5.15 for a non-exempt employee and $455 per week for an exempt employee. Some states have higher rates.

But no one is going to sponsor an employee to obtain a H1 visa and then pay them minimum wage. They wouldn't be allowed to do that, for one thing. If the US is going to issue you a visa, they're going to insist that you be paid on the value of the job to the employer.

If what you are asking is, "what is the smallest possible salary that can be paid to an employee on an H1 visa?" there is no such set figure. It depends on the job, the area of the country and what comparable positions are being paid at other employers.

The employer who is interested in hiring you should be discussing this with an immigration law attorney who can establish such figures. Take it from me, and I have reason to know this - it is NOT a do it yourself project.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Thankyou again cbg. I will ask my employer to consult the immigration law attorny. Actually it is some technical post in a university.

By the way is there immigration law attorny in the universities? If yes, can I go to meet and talk to him/her too?

Comment

I would have no way of knowing if any given university had an immigration attorney on their staff/faculty.

Comment

Working...
                X