This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day-no call no show Pennsylvania

Hi all - I recently had a situation with a new hire employee who never showed or called in for work. When we called his residence, his wife informed us that he took a job in another city (Cleveland to be exact). What should be in the letter to him that he doesn't or never was an employee with our organization? Please advise. Thank you!

Not a thing. No letter necessary.

There is no reason to contact him. He isn't coming in.... you don't owe him money, and there is nothing to discuss.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

I agree. Write it off to "boy, are we lucky HE didn't become our employee".
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I would simply document what happened and stick it in his file for future reference and be done. Why send a letter to someone who never worked for you?
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
        X