Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missed turning in time sheet pay docked ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed turning in time sheet pay docked ?

We are required to turn in time sheets every day. I work in an office where I am required to be there from 8:30 to 5:00. Due to being off of work on Monday I did not turn in a time sheet for Friday so they did not pay me for Friday even though I am on site at the office for 8.5 hours. Is this ok to do, dock your pay for not turning in a time sheet? Even though they know you worked your 8 hours. Just curious, I am now paid hourly.

They have done this also in the past when I was salery. Wich also botherd me because I was not paid overtime but was able to be shorted pay.

No, if they worked, and they know you worked, you must be paid. You can file a claim with the state Dept. of Labor.

But since you were there on Friday, why couldn't you have turned in your time sheet before you left, instead of waiting until Monday?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
      No, if they worked, and they know you worked, you must be paid. You can file a claim with the state Dept. of Labor.

But since you were there on Friday, why couldn't you have turned in your time sheet before you left, instead of waiting until Monday?
      Depends on what is going on at the end of the day. If im on a call or in a meeting sometimes I will turn in my time sheet the next day. We dont have a system to follow our suport calls so alot of the time I keep them noted on a peice of paper at my desk then compile them into a time sheet for billing.

Im not compleatly inoccent sometimes it is due to my own lazyness that I dont do my time sheet till the next day. I take alot of calls during the day and many repeat calls that need to be summorized and formatted to be issued as a bill to the customer. After a long day sometimes I do put it off till the next day.

Comment

Working...
      X