This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbowray
    Maybe you could type up what the issue is, with a cover letter that states you can not afford anything or very little and see if someone would help you for free or at a reduced cost. Good luck hon!
    What do you mean? Can you please explain this. I am not sure how or where to even start on this.

Comment

Originally posted by spiritchild1963
      What do you mean? Can you please explain this. I am not sure how or where to even start on this.
      Well, whatever you said to get the lawyers to represent you for money, you put it down on paper, make copies, send one to every lawyer, and see if one will take on your case for free or low cost.

Comment

Originally posted by turbowray
        Well, whatever you said to get the lawyers to represent you for money, you put it down on paper, make copies, send one to every lawyer, and see if one will take on your case for free or low cost.
        Aw...............never heard of doing something like that. Is it common or have you seen this done before?

Comment

Aw...............never heard of doing something like that. Is it common or have you seen this done before?
          I have heard of it being done before, I have never seen it done.

Comment

Honestly, I don't think this would be a very effective method of finding a lawyer. More like a waste of postage. Many lawyers require you speak with them before they take a case. A random letter asking them to take it for less than their usual fees is liekly to get circular filed.

A much better method would be to seek out any legal aid resources in your area. Try your local bar association or law schools. You might find a lawyer there willing to take the case pro bono.
            I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

I found the attorney I spoke to the other day on the phone who said he would take my case for payment and emailed him. I wrote information about my case and asked him if he could take it on a contingency basis...due to all my funds were shut down right now. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

I found the attorney I spoke to the other day on the phone who said he would take my case for payment and emailed him. I wrote information about my case and asked him if he could take it on a contingency basis...due to all my funds were shut down right now. Keeping my fingers crossed.
                I will keep my fingers crossed, maybe if he won't do it, he will have some good advise to give to you!

Comment

I just wanted to let you all know that I went to visit my attorney today that said he was very interested in my case. We discussed the case and I gave him all the documentation I had. He said we have a strong case.........and I did the right thing documenting everything as it occured. Thank God I knew this wasn't right when it all started to happen. We are going after punitive damages for wages and benefits........along with attorney fees. One thing I want to stress to anyone who may be having difficulty at work........please document.........he also asked me to keep a log of all jobs I have applied for........this will show that I am not a slacker and I am willing to become employed.

Comment

I am so glad you found a lawyer to take your case without money up front! Please let me know how it goes for you!

Comment

Suit is on the table

Just wanted to let you all know that the suit is now in the hands of my past employer. Looks like the ball is in motion and we are now waiting for a response. Thank you all for you assistance with this.

Comment

So glad things are looking up for you, please let us know how it all turns out in the end!!! I will be praying for you!

Comment

Working...
                        X