This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promised Promotion is put on hold Pennsylvania

Here is my question. About 7 months ago my boss came to me to be the new "manager" of a new project my company is taking on. He went so far as to have me review contracts, start some action plans, etc. About 3 months after that time, it looked like the contract was a dead issue and so was my promotion. Now just recently, the project is a definite "go" and I'm out. When I tried to discuss this with him he keeps telling me that better things are coming for me and I just need to be patient. It's like he keeps dangling this carrot in front of me so that I don't leave this company. Is this legal? These grand promises of vague things to come keeps me hanging on in a bad job with bad pay. What can I do?

You can find other employment. Just because he dangles the carrot doesn't mean you have to bite at at.

Do you have a bona fide, binding contract guaranteeing you the promotion?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

No, I don't have a new binding contract. Somebody was telling me something before about some sort of promissory angle whereas they (the company) are luring with false promises when they keep telling me to hold on and to not leave because big things are coming...Basically, isn't there some sort of promissory contingency anywhere in the labor laws for such instances??? I know it seems like a silly question and I agree that I can leave at any time, but if there is such a contingency/law, I'd like to be able to cite it if this continues. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

That's beyond my sphere of reference. But it seems to me that since you have the right to leave at any time, if you CHOOSE to remain in response to these promises, knowing that they are not necessarily going to come true...well, who is responsible for that?
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X