This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Followed on requested day off? Pennsylvania

If am employee requests a day off, is it legal for the employer, supervisor, etc. to try to find out where the employee is? The person I am talking about actually tried to track another employee down by going to places he was known to go to regularly. This is not the first person here that it has happened to.

Unless it turns into stalking, no, it isn't. Let 'em follow you.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Umm, no

No, it is not legal to follow anyone, anywhere, for any reason in Pennsylvania.
      18 Pa.C.S. @ 2709 Harassment and stalking. 1997.

(A) HARASSMENT.-- A person commits the crime of harassment when, with intent to harass, annoy or alarm another person:

(1) he strikes, shoves, kicks or otherwise subjects him to physical contact, or attempts or threatens to do the same; or

(2) he follows a person in or about a public place or places; or

(3) he engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts which alarm or seriously annoy such other person and which serve no legitimate purpose.

I think I could make a legitimate claim that it was an act committed with intent to annoy, and alarm. After all, what would he do if he found the guy? Take him to lunch? No, he would punish him. Therefore it would be both annoying and alarming to me if I were being followed for the purposes of punishment. Criminally charge, or physically stop this act at will.

Comment

Stridor, STOP RESPONDING TO OLD POSTS.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Sorry bout that

Comment

Working...
          X