This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pennsylvania discrimination please help me

I have worked for six years for a social service non profit in phila. recently it became too apparant to me that I was in a very hostile work environment with not only sexual but also racial comments and slurs being hurled within earshot of me(loudly) as people passed by my door or in the hallways. Several times one man intentionally came into my office to initiate talk on how I should give him the number of one of my younger female workers. I went to my supervisor on different occasions who told me to lighten up about all of it, that the person was just being stupid or to ignore it and consider the source. I don't think I can do that anymore, not only do I feel battered but I'm starting to feel broken. I am currently thinking about not only taking a leave on short term d for stress but think I may have an incredibly strong case on the harassment issues. if anyone reads this and knows what I should do or has any advise, please, please reply to my post ...Thanks.

IMHO nothing you have described rises to the level of actionable sexual harrassment.

Being asked for a phone number is hardly harrassment.

Regards.

Comment

Harassment in workplace, please help

I did'nt describe the rest of what he said because it was beyond lewd and I don't want to violate any of the terms of this site but he told me in graphic detail that he wanted to tap that a**, that it was his for the taking, this man has also made racial comments (we are of different races) and I am the minority in the group. He has made comments like "you are a w**** woman holding a b**** man down by pushing her foot into his throat" uses the n word freely and this has been going on for over a year and a half. I have told my immediate supervisor and nothing has ever been followed through on, he makes a show of humiliating me in any group setting possible as he has done to many others in the office too. He has also commented on how everyone in our office even the w**** girls have big A**ES. this is just a mini highlight of his moments. again if anyone can please post a reply, I thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by LaborLawNJ
        IMHO nothing you have described rises to the level of actionable sexual harrassment.

Being asked for a phone number is hardly harrassment.

Regards.
        Thanks for reply. He did alot more than that.
        if you can,
        read the reply posted into the original message. thanks again .

Comment

Working...
        X