Text me I'm supposed to work at 8pm when not on the schedule? Oregon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text me I'm supposed to work at 8pm when not on the schedule? Oregon

My employer has several thousand employees but is as disorganized as a mom and pop operation! I get the weekend off (am not on the schedule) so I take my family out of town for a night. I get a text at 8 pm saying I'm to work the next day at 6 am. I know Oregon is an at will state but is there a minimum amount of time my employer has to tell me before I am to be at work? If not then everyone is basically on call at all times and should not go out of town...just sit by the phone waiting to be called to work!

Originally posted by snowhound119 View Post
    My employer has several thousand employees but is as disorganized as a mom and pop operation! I get the weekend off (am not on the schedule) so I take my family out of town for a night. I get a text at 8 pm saying I'm to work the next day at 6 am. I know Oregon is an at will state but is there a minimum amount of time my employer has to tell me before I am to be at work? If not then everyone is basically on call at all times and should not go out of town...just sit by the phone waiting to be called to work!

Sometimes that happens.

It's not illegal, and if you refuse to work they can legally fire you.

Comment

Agree, unless you have a binding employment contract or CBA to the contrary.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X