Do I have to work a 6th day when attending college Pennsylvania Oregon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have to work a 6th day when attending college Pennsylvania Oregon

My work decided that we all now have to work a 6th day. I go to school on my weekends and cannot attend school if they make me work. is their a law that would allow me to get out of this?

None whatsoever. Your school schedule is not your employer's problem. No law in any state says your employer has to allow you time off to go to school. If he needs you 6 days a week and your school schedule cannot accomodate that, then you have to choose one or the other, school or work.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

You have to work whenever your employer requires you to unless you have a binding employment contract to the contrary. You going to school is not your employer's concern.

Sorry.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X