This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Wrongful Termination...? Oregon

I am potentially looking at being fired for having too many points (read tickets) on my driving record. I am in outside sales and drive my own vehicle and am self insured. Because I have exceeded the amount of "points" I am looking at being fired. However, I have knowledge of an employee who while driving a company truck rolled it over while drunk, he was cited and convicted of DUII. He was later retained as an independent contractor and continues to work for the firm.

Do I have a case?

Not based on what you have posted, no.

A wrongful termination does not mean that something is unfair, or that another employee was treated differently for the same infraction. It does not mean that company policy was violated or that you were fired for something you didn't do.

To qualify as a wrongful term, there must be a specific law which prohibits the employer from firing you for the reason he did.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X