Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payday is on the 20th, I'm consistently not paid until the 23rd or later Oregon

When I was hired at my current job, I was told paydays are the 7th and 20th to give our bookkeeper enough time to get payroll together (which makes me think that the pay period is 1-15 and 16-30). I'm almost always paid on the 7th, but rarely receive a check prior to the 23rd of the month, and this month, I just found out we won't get paid until the 25th! Is this legal?

Also, I've only seen one pay stub in the 4 months I've worked here. Is this legal?

I work for a very small company of about 10 people. We're all pretty close, so it's hard to talk about the situation without somene feeling that another person is "tattling". Any suggestions?

The paystub doesn't indicate what the pay period dates are? In any case, all Oregon law requires is that you be paid no less frequently than every 35 days and there is no provision regarding how many days after the end of the pay period the check must be issued.

However, the law also states that "regular" paydays must be established. Oregon law also requires paystubs, which must include gross pay, hours worked, rate of pay, pay period dates, etc.

You can contact the Bureau of Labor and Industries to file a claim/complaint.
    http://www.boli.state.or.us/BOLI/WHD...nglish2006.pdf
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X