This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not getting holiday pay Oregon

My boyfriend works for (large discount chain) in a smaller town. Every single holiday they make all the guys on his crew take an extra unpaid day off aside from the regular scheduled 2 they normally get. This makes it so they don't get their holiday pay. I know it's shady and unfair but I am wondering if it is illegal? And does anyone think if they brought it to the labor board or such they would have a case? Thanks!
    Riley

Originally posted by riley12
    My boyfriend works for (large discount chain) in a smaller town. Every single holiday they make all the guys on his crew take an extra unpaid day off aside from the regular scheduled 2 they normally get. This makes it so they don't get their holiday pay. I know it's shady and unfair but I am wondering if it is illegal? And does anyone think if they brought it to the labor board or such they would have a case? Thanks!
    Riley
    If they are not having them work on a holiday, then no they are doing nothing wrong. If they are working the holiday, then they must be paid for it.

Comment

It is not illegal to call the employee off a regularly scheduled day, nor does the law in Oregon require any premiums for working a holiday nor holiday pay if the employee does not work the holiday. The employee must be paid for all hours worked, period.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X