This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIGHT SHIFTS WITH NO BREAKS Oregon

Is There A Law That Protects Employees That Are Scheduled To Work 11pm-7am With No Breaks Or Lunches. Because There Is No Cover. And Than Scheduled To Come Back To Work The Same Day From 3pm-11:30pm. They Say Thatís Two Serperate Shifts. Isnt That Illegal? And Also Does It Count As A Day Off If You Work Lets Say A Monday Night At 11pm-7am. And Than Tuesday Is Your Scheduled Day Off And Your Suppose To Come Back To Work 3pm-11:30pm On Wednesday?

Signed

Im Tired As Hell!

Oh And What Do You Do If Your Manager Cusses At You?

Please don't capitalize every word in your posts; it makes the post very hard to read. Thank you.

Now, to the issues at hand.

Here is the regulation for rest breaks in Oregon and it answers your question. It's based on your shift, not the work week or defined work day.
    http://www.boli.state.or.us/BOLI/TA/...tandmeal.shtml

And the cussing and stuff? As long as the supervisors are equal opportunity poor managers, it isn't illegal. I'm not saying it's appropriate, but unless you are singled out for adverse treatment because of a protected characteristic, such as race, age, gender, etc., or because you availed yourself of a legally protected right (such as filing a claim for unpaid wages, or reporting a violation of law to the appropriate regulating authority), there is no violation of law.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

In a retail enviroment you do not have to take a lunck if no one can cover you. I worked for 2 years 8 1/2 hours a day with out a set lunch break. you just run and grab food when you can and eat it when you can. I ate a lot of cold burgers.

Comment

Working...
      X