This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breach of Non Compete Agreement Oklahoma

As an employer in a highly competitive business, I have my employees sign a Non Compete Agreement at the time of hire. I have a situation where an employee contacted a competitor from the same state and offered his services to that company. He then quit in the middle of a huge project and also offered my other employees jobs at the competing company.

What are my rights? What type of action can be taken against the employee and also the competing company?

Only an attorney in your state who has read the non-compete agreement can answer that question.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

You need to take the agreement to an attorney as cbg noted.

However, this is what Oklahoma says about noncompetes. --
      Noncompetition provisions in employment are void and unenforceable except when
      involving the sale of a partnership or of goodwill. Reasonable non-solicitation
      agreements regarding existing customers are permitted.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X