X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you call this? Oklahoma

:confused
    Can the owner of the company you work for chew, reprimand, yell, call you stupid or flat out cut you down in front of your co-workers? I thought it was your right to be repramanded in privacy, not to be belittled.
    If I am not trained to do a job that my co-worker is trained for and is their responsiblity to do, how can my employer tell me that i will finish the work I am not trained for, and if I dont I will be wrote up, or fired for not doing the work i am not trained for. Also, do I have to answer my employer with "yes sir, mam" or "no sir, mam"?, because he/she tells me I have too, I totally agree in respect, but I am not in a consintration camp, nor the military!!!
    Please Help!!!!!

Based on what you posted, your employer is doing nothing illegal. I'm not saying it is right or fair - just not illegal.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

does this only happen to you?

Also is this a bigger corporation? Is there someone else you can talk to about this, like a district HR?

Comment

No, this happens to everyone that works for this company, and no, it is a small company. and yes it is in Oklahoma

Comment

It just seems like this is a "bad" employer/owner. However, they are doing nothing illegal.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Can the owner of the company you work for chew, reprimand, yell, call you stupid or flat out cut you down in front of your co-workers? Yes. No laws prohibit anyone from being a world class jerk.

I thought it was your right to be repramanded in privacy, not to be belittled. See above.

If I am not trained to do a job that my co-worker is trained for and is their responsiblity to do, how can my employer tell me that i will finish the work I am not trained for, and if I dont I will be wrote up, or fired for not doing the work i am not trained for. Because no laws prohibit this.

Also, do I have to answer my employer with "yes sir, mam" or "no sir, mam"?, because he/she tells me I have too, I totally agree in respect, but I am not in a consintration camp, nor the military!!! If that's what the boss wants, then that's what you do.

What you have an absolute right to do is look for a new job where the boss is not an a** and quit this one as soon as you accept an offer from another employer.

Comment

Working...
            X