This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fired from Car Dealership Oklahoma

I edited my post. I do understand the why of my getting fired. Thank You for your replies.
    Last edited by BigSD405; 11-05-2008, 03:56 PM.

Sorry, but nothing illegal here. It would only be an illegal termination if they terminate you for a reason prohibited by law (ie age, religion, gender).

The only other reason they might not be able to terminate you is if you would have a binding employment contract or CBA to the contrary.

If they terminate you, file for unemployment ins. & look for other employment.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

And I must say that, whether you were "doodling" or not, and regardless of to whom that written phrase applied, it was in writing, it was on your desk, and if the employer deemed that inappropriate, they are within their legal rights to think that. I know I would.

I don't know of a single person who hasn't been fired at least once in his/her career. It doesn't have to be "humiliating".
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
        I don't know of a single person who hasn't been fired at least once in his/her career.
        I haven't - truthfully.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
          I haven't - truthfully.
          OK, one. And you're retired now, though, right?
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
            OK, one. And you're retired now, though, right?
            Yes, I am. I retired early & it was my choice. They even asked me to stay but I had already made up my mind.

Comment

Working...
            X