This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary Oklahoma

I work in a privately owned day care center. I was hired on a salary basis and it was known at that time that I would work 8.5 hours per day. (8:30 to 5:30 with a 30 minute break). Someone quit and I was able to change to her hours (7:30 to 4:30 with a 30 minute break) I was offered and accepted the position of "downstairs manager" which meant I would close the day care one night a week and one Friday a month, so an extra hour + at least one day a week. I was given a raise for this position... Now I am being told that I have to stay late with no notice any time they need me to in order keep hourly employee's from being able to accrue overtime. I am a single mom of 3 teenagers, I don't mind staying late if I am needed if my children do not need me. However, Sometimes I have to transport my children to different activities or work and I am not able to stay at work. I tried to make an appointment for after work one day and I was told that I needed to reschedule it because there was no "guarantee" that I could leave ON TIME that day. Can they dictate my work schedule on a daily basis?

Yes, they can. There is nothing in the law of any state that requires schedules to be posted in advance. Sorry, I know it's inconvenient.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X