This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time off without pay Oklahoma

Simple question....As an employer, do I have the right to deny requested time off if an employee has exhausted all of their accrued vacation time? Do I have the right to annouce that no time off will be granted unless they have vacation time accrued?

Thanks.

Barring any possible FMLA issue, sure you can. It's your business to run however I caution that blanket policies like that usually come back to bite you.

How many employee's do you have? If this is because of one or a few abusers why not deal with them and leave the rest out of it?
    "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate'' - Sir William of Ockham, a.k.a. Ockham's Razor

Comment

Thanks. I only have 32 employees, but there are several that abuse this. We try to accommodate everybody, but it is starting to become a nuisance.

Comment

I can sympathize with you more than you know but do you really want to PO the good one's because of a few problems. Deal with the problems one on one.

You'd be amazed at the results sometimes, believe me EVERYONE in your building already knows who abuses anyway and you'll see a difference after they're dealt with.

Good luck.
        "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate'' - Sir William of Ockham, a.k.a. Ockham's Razor

Comment

Working...
        X