This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working 7 Days a Week No days off. Oklahoma

I work for a Apartment complex, as a grounds Keeper. in stillwater, and i have not had any days off for the last 2 months. I work 1 hr. during the weekends. I am told by my manager that if i want OT. I can get it. so I take her offer and get OT. but come monday morning she takes her word back. and Treats me like ****!!! no respect at any level. I have been told by a lawyer that she has to give me 2 days off. like the rest of the employee's. Is this true or just another False Law. I need help fast.

Originally posted by alekseyanov View Post
    I have been told by a lawyer that she has to give me 2 days off. like the rest of the employee's.
    Have the lawyer show you the basis for this statement. There is no federal or state law requiring two days off a week. A very few states require one day off in seven. I seriously doubt Oklahoma is one of them and won't look to confirm or deny my suspscions.

If you did not get paid for some overtime (more than 40 hours worked in a work week), there is an issue there. You must be paid for it. You can be disciplined, even fired, for working OT without permission (sounds to me like you had it), but it still must be paid.
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

I well be glad when i head back to Laval,PQ when my hockey season starts. I have did some Homework on the Apartment Manager. And it turns out she is the Most hated apartment manager in Stillwater,ok. She takes shortcuts to get thing done. (Like sending Me or my Team members to clean a Bio-Hazard Apt.). She plays the Oklahoma Law system like a well oiled Rig. But when they leave. she is back to being a Ruthless,Lying. Manager. who well tell you straight-out she don't care if your kids get hit by a car, or drown in the swimming pool. But she well tell people at the office not to start problems with the Illegal Mexicans. or you well be evicted. But thanks for your reply.. I have been keeping Records of my Work time.

Comment

Originally posted by alekseyanov View Post
        I have been keeping Records of my Work time.
        That is a good practice, Aleksey!

And good luck with hockey!
        Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

No Federal law and no law in any state requires two days off per week. Oklahoma is not one of the few that requires one day off in seven.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
          X