This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should it take for final check? Oklahoma

I resigned from my position on Monday. My HR VP told me that I would receive my PTO upon receiving this resignation. Two questions:

1) Do I have to formally resign with a letter or email, or is verbal enough?

2) After they received my resignation and walked me to my car, how long do they have to get me my last check?

Oh, on another note, can they forbid me entrance to my office to retreive my personal possessions?

bt

1.) That's between you and your employer. It is not addressed by law.

2.) At the time of the next regular payday.

3.) Yes. However, if they do, they have to send you your personal belongings or make arrangments to allow you to return to collect them at some other time; they can't just hold them in limbo.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

1. Verbal is fine. This is not an issue addressed by law.

2. On the regularly scheduled pay day for the pay period that includes your last day worked. No accelerated payment is required. Nieither is PTO unconditionally guaranteed payment at termination; only if payable under the company policy or a separate employment agreement or individual employment contract.

3. Yes, they may. However, neither can they keep your personal belongings. I assume they plan on boxing them up and giving them to you or sending them to your home; that you'd have to ask them.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X