Forced to Pto while others are not Ohio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced to Pto while others are not Ohio

I left work early and I was advised by my manager that I had to use personal time. Another employee was late to work and was allowed to "make up" the time during lunch. When I asked why this was happening, I was advised because I called off 2 months ago. I'm not a manager so I'm not sure if this is something that is allowed or not. My spouse says this is a violation. Anyone know if that's true? If so I need to bring it to my managers attention. Thanks!
    Last edited by 816mdj; 02-18-2013, 01:46 AM.

Your spouse is wrong. It is a myth that all employees have to be treated identically.

If the other employee was allowed to make up time because he is in a different position than you, or works for a different department, or because he had more time available than you, or because you called in once and he never did, those are all legal reasons to treat your situations differently.

It is only when an employee is treated differently BECAUSE OF their inclusion in a characteristic protected by law, such as race, religion, national origin, etc. that being singled out for adverse treatment becomes illegal.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X