This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel reimbursement for staff meetings- Ohio

For staff meetings that are not mandatory, are employers obligated to reimburse employees for mileage. I know the time associated with meetings are considered "work" but was wondering if the employer has to pay for the travel associated with these meetings if the employee chooses to attend. These meetings are generally held during the work day. Also, does it make a difference if the employee is "exempt" or "non-exempt"?

No, not in your state, or any other state (except California and Massachusetts). For "mileage reimbursement" purposes, the exempt/nonexempt status of the employee is irrelevant.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
      No, not in your state, or any other state (except California and Massachusetts). For "mileage reimbursement" purposes, the exempt/nonexempt status of the employee is irrelevant.
      Thanks Pattymd!!

Comment

Just to be clear, if the employee is paid close to minimum wage, there is a possibility that the federal "free and clear" rule would come into effect.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Working...
        X