This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supevisor or ******? Ohio

I am a weekend supervisor for my medical lab. I receive a salary wage. I am required to work 40 hours in the office as well as take "on call" friday through sunday until midnight for any calls or problems that may arise in any given department. i do not receive any extra wage for this "on call" but i do get calls all through the night for different reasons. Is it legal for them to require that i work this "on call" hours with no extra compensation?

Are you exempt or non-exempt?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

i am unsure. I beleive the paper they had me look at said i was exempt. what is the difference? do you know?

Comment

An exempt employee gets no additional compensation over their regular fixed weekly salary no matter how many hrs. they work.

A non-exempt employee gets overtime for hrs. worked over 40 in a workweek in Ohio. (A few states' OT rules are some different - ie, get paid OT after working over 8 hrs. a day.)
        Last edited by Betty3; 07-11-2009, 08:19 PM.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/regs/comp...a_overview.pdf
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X