This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fired/Can Private owner fight unemployment benefits? Ohio Ohio

I was fired from my job on Friday night after my last shift. The Private owner/boss let me go without any notice of anything wrong and said that my drawer was short a few times (only time that happen was when people came in missing a few cents and never came back to pay) and claim that other part of the store was short. Which 4 people's hands are into that and it could have been anyone's fault.

I applied for unemployment benefits online and wont really know anything till monday or next week.

Since I paid into the benefits with SS, can this person fight my benefits? Will I have to fight her for them cause if so I don't know if I can cause me and this person hate each other and I think that is other reason why this person fired me.

I am currently looking for a new job but it will make it tougher on me without my unemployment benefits. or trying to get food stamps so I don't starve

Thanks

The state will decide if you get unemployment ins. benefits or not. The employer can contest. If you are denied benefits, you can appeal the decision.

Unemployment ins. funding is based on tax paid by the employer. (only 3 states require small employee contributions)
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by xybulmaxy View Post
      Since I paid into the benefits with SS, can this person fight my benefits?
      Thanks
      Social security does not fund Unemployment. In the majority of states, UI in 100% funded by employers. Its not "your" money until the stated determines that you are eligible for it.
      I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I doubt you'll know anything this week. With the unemployment rate the way it is, even clean claims can take 3-4 weeks.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X