This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASSAULTED AT WORK TRYING TO WIN UNEMPLOYMENT (OHIO) Ohio

Just to shed a little history on my situation I need to discuss some of my issues, which are very broad. I previously worked for City Government in Ohio I am an African American female and I have been harassed, single-out, physically assaulted, retaliated against and disciplined for numerous reasons by management. My office phone was wire taped without my knowledge and used against me in the local media and for discipline reasons. I filed numerous complaints within the City as well as with the local police and the OCRC. All discipline charges against me were initiated after I was assaulted and filed charges with the local police. I had been a model employee for the past 5 yrs and 5 months but all I received were discipline after discipline. Management is violating my civil and constitutional rights and has caused me undue stress and embarrassment. I have grieved my disciplines and two have gone to arbitration (still waiting on the outcome). I have since been terminated for using City communication equipment for personal use. They allege that I was using the Internet for personal reasons even though the computer is a community computer which other supervisors and employees have my password. I filed numerous complaints of work sabotage; management violated my union contract as well as violated its own policies and procedures and has subjected me to a hostile working. I have been subjected to retaliation, discrimination and workplace violence. Past disciplines have allowed employees who have been charged with the same infractions to remain employed but placed on progressive disciplinary steps. However management was in such haste to have me terminated they violated many articles. I did recently retain a discrimination attorney and have filed civil charges against my previous employer. I also have a worker’s comp attorney and I am in the process of filling out a C92 form. I know it will be a long time waiting on arbitration and it may be many, many months or even years before I can get my job back. My question is I have been denied unemployment and I have to write an appeal letter and I am unsure of how much information I should put in my letter. It is my understanding that my previous employer will have access to this information. What would be the best way to approach this without giving my previous employer to much information to use against me at the hearing?

There is no reason to post in multiple forums. When someone has advice for you, they will respond.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks

Ok didn't know how things work yet just joined yesterday!

Comment

Working...
      X