This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exemployee

Does an exemployee have to return company property? such as keys, garage door openers, uniforms?

Yes they do. If they do not, the employer could file a police report and or pursue legal action.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Of course. Why on earth would you think otherwise?
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

well an exemployee of mine won't return company property and I've been told it's a CIVIL matter and would have to handle it in court. Don't want to file a claim in Small Claim's court and lose

Comment

Yes, it is a civil matter.

No one can carve anything in stone. We have no magic 8 ball or crystal ball to guarantee you a win. But you have two choices; you can file in small claims court and maybe get your property back, or you can not file in small claims court and not get your property back.

Your choice.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
          X