This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Against Civil Rights? Ohio

My company has been forcing new schedules on everyone and has scheduled me to work on Sundays. I told them 4 years ago when I was hired that I don't work on Sundays, period, for religious reasons. But they seem to be forgetting that and not caring about my religious rights. They said that they would let me off for my worship services, but then I would be expected to come in and work the rest of the day. I have told them "No", and have insisted that I have the ENTIRE day off. It seems to me that they are infringing on my civil rights by forcing me to work on a day that is against my religious beliefs. What can I do?

What type of business is it?

Typically, if a company is prepared to work around your worship schedule, the law thinks that the burden has been satisfied.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

It seems to me your employer is accommodating your religious beliefs by allowing you time off for worship services. I doubt the employer is doing anything illegal in not allowing you the whole day off.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X