This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer Fighting Unemployment No 2 week Notice Ohio

I recently received notice from Ohio Unemployment Office that a previous employer ( I was an hourly employee) was fighting my application for benefits due to not receiving a 2 week notice of resignation. I worked at this employer for 6 months and was offered a better postion in a field that was in my area of expertise. Unfortunately, this new employer (tax-exempt organization) could only offer this position, if I could start immediately. I accepted the position and worked approximately 6 months before I was laid off due to lack of work. Is not providing a 2 week notice before accepting a new job grounds for denying unemployment benefits? Thank you for any advice you can give me.

No, it isn't. Your ex(ex)-employer may be protesting, but I doubt very seriously it's going to result in your finally being denied benefits. It's normally based upon why you were separated from your most recent employer, not employers before that. (I know this from personal experience, although different state(s) were involved in my case.)

What is the status of your claim right now?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Status of Application

Thank you for your timely response. I hope you are right... I have initially been approved for benefits for 3 weeks but have not received any as of today.

Comment

I'd be expecting your first check pretty soon. 3-4 weeks is normal.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Benefits were disputed because the company OP use to work for OP quit!! I doubt it has anything to do with notice or not. It appears that the state went after employer OP quit from for benefits not most recent (it goes by quaters). My wife had a similar situation where benefits were sought from an employer she resigned from and not her most recent. She eventually lost her appeal and had to repay state for benefits she did recieve. Not saying this is case here but its what happened to my wife here in CA which is very employee friendly.
          http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Interesting, as I had exactly the opposite situation. I resigned from job in Maryland and moved to PA. Had temp job and assignment ended. I got UI from Maryland, even though I had quit the Maryland job.

I'm wondering if they are merely protesting being a chargeable employer?

Comment

I cant say but I know what happened to my wife and here in CA rulings usually go to employee.
              http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
              X