This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salary ?? Ohio

r states that i'm salary and do not receive any overtime pay or comp. time. Is this allowed. Thanks
    Last edited by jbk2000; 02-13-2008, 07:42 PM.

"Salaried" is just a payment method and does not mean much by itself. "Exempt Salaried" employees have no legal expectation of ever being paid overtime. "Non-Exempt Salaried" employees generally must be paid overtime.

Legally comp time is a function of certain Non-Exempt governmental employees only and is given instead of paid overtime. Some employers choose to use comp time in regards to Exempt Salaried employees but this is never a legal requirement.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

If you'd like an opinion as to whether or not you are exempt (which would mean, no legal entitlement to overtime pay), you'll have to tell us what you do in your job. Not your title, but your daily tasks.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Also what your employer's line of business is. That sometimes also makes a difference.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Working...
        X