This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application ? Ohio

Some job applications (mostly county) ask if you have ever been on any assistance programs, such as recieving food stamps. Why is that? If you have been on them, does that cut your chances from a job? B/c, our family is on them now (1st time ever), due to my hubby's lay off. And my hubby is always going for those big jobs.

Some states have a program that gives credit to employers who hire people who are receiving assistance. I cant speak for all employers but in my company, it would not hurt your chances of being considered for a job.
    I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

More to the point, if you are receiving assistance and are actually hired, the employer will probably find out anyhow. Employer's I have worked for used to get forms we had to fill out asking about earnings. If the employer finds out that you lied on your application (and they probably will), that is grounds for termination.
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Originally posted by Morgana View Post
        Some states have a program that gives credit to employers who hire people who are receiving assistance. I cant speak for all employers but in my company, it would not hurt your chances of being considered for a job.

Here in CA that is often the case and because of that I would contact Welfare office and let them know when I had opennings
        http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
        X