This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retaliation "layoff" Ohio

where to start.... A certain person agreed to buy my jeep that i was loaning her so she could get to work. I was hired at the same company.....she became my boss and quit paying me for my jeep - Both my line leaders say I am a good worker and just a week ago I myself was made a line leader. I confronted my boss about non payment and she said i would get money when she got money...well.....I took the keys right then and there as I was afraid she would thrash my jeep because she was mad at me. Hence.......I am now without work - layed off - no reason given and the company is still bringing in NEW employees....I know this was in retaliation for taking back my jeep, but 3 months of non payment was enough. - Plenty of people know about this as I asked advice because i was worried i would get canned when i took my jeep back and i was worried for good reason...... I would like to know what, if anything , I can do.............

With regards to the jeep, you can sue her for the amount she owes you. Although if you now have the jeep back I'm not sure how well that will go over.

With regards to the job, you can file for unemployment and start looking for a new job. What happened to you falls into the "unfair but not illegal" category. Firing you because you took your jeep back does not fall under illegal retaliation.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X