This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewarding Exempt Employees for working over 40 hours, Ohio

I work for a healthcare company and with staffing shortages we are looking at having our "exempt" professional staff work extra hours. I know we can have them work the exta time without compensating them because they are classified as "exempt". However, we would like to reward those that work extra but can exempt employees be rewarded monetarily for worked hours exceeding 40 without jeopardizing their exemption classification?

Generally speaking, yes, although you might try some other incentives that are not tied to each hour worked. Such as a flat bonus amount per shift, an extra day's PTO, etc.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
      Generally speaking, yes, although you might try some other incentives that are not tied to each hour worked. Such as a flat bonus amount per shift, an extra day's PTO, etc.
      If the bonus system is used, does the payment have to be dispersed at the end of the pay period (in which the extra hours were worked) or can this be done on a monthly basis (or doesn't it matter)?

Comment

It doesn't matter.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the input!!

Comment

Working...
          X