No announcement yet.

need help please North Dakota

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • need help please North Dakota

    okay i was injured at work in oct 08 went to the manager and told him about my injury he told me to use my health insurance because he did not want any workmans comp claims against his i did after about 3 thousand dollars in doctor bills and dr telling me i needed surgery a.s.a.p i then again went to my manager about workmans comp he again denied me and said he pays lots of money for health insurance use it. i went back to my dr he told me i could file online so i did. this was april 09 workmans comp then contacts me and asked me why i waited 5 months to file a claim i told them that my manager did not want any claims against the company. she then told me "oh,oh thats a no, no" and quickly approved my claim had my surgery but by then had to much nerve and muscle damage to my hand lost abot 70 percent strengh in my hand that the doctor said i wont get back. can i sue the company for denying me and not filling first report of injury? alot of this muscle damage could of been avoided.

  • #2
    Sorry, but no. Workers comp is a two edged coin; on the one hand you are guaranteed to get your medical bills paid but on the other hand you cannot sue your employer.

    However, you can and should talk to a workers comp attorney so that when it comes to any settlements, your rights are fully protected and the damage taken into consideration.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.