This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consistently paid late North Dakota

I work for a company that has 24 employees. We are to be paid on the 1st and 15th of the month. The owner lives out of state. The manager who does payroll often times doesn't get it sent in until the last day of the month and that means that we won't get our pay checks for at least 2 more days. because once the owner gets the payroll he has to send it to his accountant who writes the checks and then they are mailed to the office and then handed out from there. I have often complained about the checks being late as i have bills that are due on the 1st. I have been told that because we don't do direct deposit the checks don't have to be on time. Paychecks are consistently 2-3 days late. I have suggested that the manager does payroll on the 25th of every month so that they have plenty of time to get the checks to us on time. Her reply was that, "well there are still 5-6 days left until the end of the month." I said, "yes, but those hours will go on the next paycheck." But she didn't seem to comprehend that notion. What are the laws concerning paychecks being on time in North Dakota?

I have been told that because we don't do direct deposit the checks don't have to be on time.
    That's a bunch of hooey. Although state law provides that you can be paid on a monthly basis, it also states that they must be "regular" paydays.
    http://www.nd.gov/labor/publications...age-072008.pdf

Contact the state Dept. of Labor.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X