This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withholding Wages

I would like to know if a NC employer can withhold your paycheck for paperwork delayed by the postal service. I work in a different county than the office location. Therefore, I mail my paperwork to the office. Well, I was told that the office posted a notice on the door that if paperwork was not received on time, employees would not receive their paycheck. Because I work a second job, I do not go to the office but once out of the month, if at all. My paperwork was delayed my the postal service. However, it was in the office before payroll was completed. But, they still refuse to give me a check. I was told that I would not receive a paycheck until next pay period which is two weeks from now and also will make me go the entire month without income. Can they do that?
    Last edited by 2blsd2bstrsd; 10-17-2005, 07:07 AM.

What paperwork are you talking about?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

withholding wages

I am referring to my CBS Worker Notes

Comment

Which means what?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Dude you really need to think about finding another job...

I assume CBS workers sheets is a record of your work which the wages are based on? Not that it matters. Only thing that sticks out at me is that your employer had these notes in time to put in your wages to payroll to meet the next payroll payday and they refused to do it.

Basically this company has lost all connections with its employees and really could care less about you. Which sadly enough is becoming way to popular these days...
          Last edited by peter wareham; 04-22-2009, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Peter, please do not reply to old threads. You replied to a thread from 2005. Thanks
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
            X