This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As soon as hired, all the job descriptions changed North Carolina

I worked as a North Carolina state employee with stable employment for 12 years, I was approached by a employee at a local store to apply for the store manager position. I put my application in and got the interview. I was told that I would get insurance on day one. I have just received it after 4 months. Yes, I know I guess that I am fortunate to have it now. After I am hired, note: I was told that there was not a copy of the job description, they tell me that I am to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    I am questioned on why this or that. When I tell my supervisor that it was this one employee she just says "well, it will be okay, if we say anything to her she will say we are picking on her. She will pull the black card" This was what I was told from my supervisor..... I have never been racist and never plan on being. But I have had to write up other for the same thing.... I have only been with this company for 4 months. I am not sure if this lady has said before that she would "pull the black card" before or what. I just think that this goes beyond all of my ethicial beliefs as a manager.

Needlessly said, I would have NEVER left my stable position with benefits if I had been told the truth. I was jsut curious that with NC being At-Will Employer that there is nothing that can be done and that I have just screwed up my career with the state for broke promises and lies.

There are no laws requiring private sector businesses to have job descriptions, and no laws prohibiting an employer from requiring an employee to work whatever hours the employer dictates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will_employment

Your employer is required to follow the agreement they made with their insurance company regarding the eligibility of employees for their insurance plan. You can ask for a copy of the plan documents to verify when you should have become eligible.

Your employer is doing nothing illegal based on your post.

Comment

You can be required to do whatever job/jobs your employer tells you to do & to
      work whatever hours you are told to work unless you would have a binding
      employment contract to the contrary.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X